Terms and Conditions
The information below sets out the terms and conditions under which students are currently enrolled at Kingswood College. The Council retains the right to alter these from time to time. Any queries on these terms and conditions may be discussed with the Principal or the Business Manager.
A fee of $110 (including GST) is payable for each application to cover registration costs. It is not refundable.
A fee of $1,500 (GST free), is payable in full within two weeks of the enrolment offer and only then will the enrolment be confirmed. This fee is payable per student, non-refundable and non-transferable. A portion of this fee (currently $700) will then be provided back to families as a credit to the Term One fee invoice in the first year of enrolment or the first tuition fee invoice issued if commencing enrolment in Terms Two, Three or Four.
At the time an offer of a place in our Early Learning Centre is made, families have the opportunity to confirm a place in the relevant Prep year, should places still be available. Should families wish to take up this option, a Holding Fee of $1,000 will be required. The Holding Fee will be held and credited against the Prep Term Two fees in the relevant year. Should the Prep place not be taken up, the holding fee is non-refundable.
When families elect not to accept a confirmed place in Prep, or Prep is fully subscribed, the option of being placed on the waitlist for Prep entry is available.
Payment of Fees
- A schedule of fees is produced annually. All fees are due and payable on the dates specified.
- The payment of one term’s fees in advance applies to all new students entering the College. In normal circumstances this fee is payable in September prior to commencement. For enrolments finalised after September, the fee is payable immediately.
- The College offers payment of fees by BPAY, direct debit, cheque, credit card or cash.
- The College levies a $150 late payment fee for fees owing at 30 days and a further $150 if still owing at 60 days. Once the debt to the College is 90 days old, a debtor must be in regular communication with the Business Manager and enter into an agreement with acceptable repayment terms. Failing this, the College will commence legal proceedings for recovery and/or exclude the student(s) from the College.
- The Principal reserves the right to exclude a student from the College while any portion of the fees remains unpaid.
- Students are expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the College together with the College’s policies and code of behaviour, as amended from time to time and as set out in the College handbook and student diary. Students are also expected to obey the reasonable requests of staff. If, after appropriate counselling and parent involvement, a student is required to withdraw from the College, all fees due and payable must be paid. No refund of fees will be made.
- A pro-rata charge is made for new students entering the College for the first time, after a term has commenced.
- If parents temporarily withdraw a pupil for one term or more, a holding fee is normally applied at the discretion of the Principal.
- One full term’s notice in writing of the intention to withdraw a student from the College is required, otherwise an amount equal to 25% of the annual tuition fee is payable in lieu thereof.
- Fees are subject to alteration at any time by Council and parents will be notified in writing of any such alterations.
- Extra subjects such as music and speech may be arranged through the College. A scale of charges for these is available on request.
- Discounts: A discount of 10% of the net tuition fees applies to the second sibling attending the College at the same time and 25% for subsequent siblings. Sibling discounts are not applicable to students in receipt of a bursary or scholarship.
Authority and Indemnity
In the event of a student suffering any injury or sickness, the College is authorised to take such action as it deems fit to obtain medical and/or hospital care and attention, and the parent/guardian will indemnify the College, its servants and agents incidental to that care and attention.